Current Treatment of Acute and Chronic Hepatitis E Virus Infection: Role of Antivirals
Birendra P Gupta, Thupten K Lama
Citation Information :
Gupta BP, Lama TK. Current Treatment of Acute and Chronic Hepatitis E Virus Infection: Role of Antivirals. Euroasian J Hepatogastroenterol 2017; 7 (1):73-77.
CC BY 3.0
Copyright © 2017; The Author(s).
How to cite this article:
Shrestha A, Gupta BP, Lama TK. Current Treatment of Acute and Chronic Hepatitis E Virus Infection: Role of Antivirals. Euroasian J Hepato-Gastroenterol 2017;7(1):73-77.
- The global burden of hepatitis E virus genotypes 1 and 2 in 2005. Hepatology 2012 Apr;55(4):988-997.
- Hepatitis E virus and chronic hepatitis in organ-transplant recipients. N Engl J Med 2008 Feb;358(8):811-817.
- Factors associated with chronic hepatitis in patients with hepatitis E virus infection who have received solid organ transplants. Gastroenterology 2011 May;140(5):1481-1489.
- Dynamics of HEV viremia, fecal shedding and its relationship with transaminases and antibody response in patients with sporadic acute hepatitis E. Virol J 2010 Sep;7:213.
- Duration of viraemia and faecal viral excretion in acute hepatitis E. Lancet 2000 Sep;356(9235):1081-1082.
- Lack of evidence of hepatitis E virus infection among renal transplant recipients in a disease-endemic area. J Viral Hepat 2013 Apr;20(4):e138-e140.
- Chronic hepatitis E – an emerging disease in an immunocompromised host. Gastroenterol Rep (Oxf). 2016 Aug 10. pii: gow024.
- Hepatitis E and acute-on-chronic liver failure. J Clin Exp Hepatol 2013 Sep;3(3):225-230.
- Ribavirin therapy for hepatitis E virus-induced acute on chronic liver failure: a preliminary report. Antivir Ther 2012;17(6):1091-1096.
- Acute autochthonous hepatitis E in western patients with underlying chronic liver disease: a role for ribavirin? J Hepatol 2011 Jun;54(6):1323-1324.
- Treatment of autochthonous acute hepatitis E with short-term ribavirin: a multicenter retrospective study. Liver Int 2016 Mar;36(3):328-333.
- A 20-year single-center experience with acute liver failure during pregnancy: is the prognosis really worse? Hepatology 2008 Nov;48(5):1577-1585.
- Ribavirin as a therapeutic modality in patients with severe acute hepatitis E. Euroasian J Hepato-Gastroenterol 2013 Jan-Jun;3(1):39-41.
- Influence of immunosuppressive therapy on the natural history of genotype 3 hepatitis-E virus infection after organ transplantation. Transplantation 2010 Feb;89(3):353-360.
- Calcineurin inhibitors stimulate and mycophenolic acid inhibits replication of hepatitis E virus. Gastroenterology 2014 Jun;146(7):1775-1783.
- Pegylated interferon-alpha for treating chronic hepatitis E virus infection after liver transplantation. Clin Infect Dis 2010 Mar;50(5):e30-e33.
- Ribavirin therapy inhibits viral replication on patients with chronic hepatitis E virus infection. Gastroenterology 2010 Nov;139(5):1612-1618.
- Ribavirin for chronic hepatitis E virus infection in transplant recipients. N Engl J Med 2014 Mar;370(12):1111-1120.
- A mutation in the hepatitis E virus RNA polymerase promotes its replication and associates with ribavirin treatment failure in organ transplant recipients. Gastroenterology 2014 Nov;147(5):1008-1011.
- Treatment of HEV infection in patients with a solid-organ transplant and chronic hepatitis. Viruses 2016 Aug;8(8):E222.